The Occult: An open door which cannot be closed.
Extracted and Translated from the online Magazine Ta Jeunesse.
Very trendy ! Occult practices are not news, even if today they knew how to renew themselves, evolve, and adapt to their times. They are to be found, unbeknownst to us, in many domains. Some movie successes have opened a gap in initiating a large audience. That’s what I call today “the generation Harry” or the era of young wizards and witches. Uncertainty about the current COVID situation , or the difficulty to project ourselves into the future, have in fact encouraged these various practice. The rise of online social networks in the Covid period has been widely exploited by these wizards of the new generation ! Through the world, a community of magic adepts formed on the platform Tik Tok. They show to their subscribers how to create spells, incantations, magic potions etc A perfect manual for the sorcerer’s apprentice! For many, astrology or cartomancy have become a real passion!
But why such success?
Would the occult practices bring responses to human needs? What about people who claim to have a gift of clairvoyance, medium, healer, etc. ? Do you believe it comes from God, or from someone else ? Finally, the Bible warns us against these practices, do we still have to this into account today ?
The Book of Hosea, written around 715 BC, already speaks in these terms: “My people consults his wood, and it is his stick that speaks to him! » Hosea 4:12 In this verse we see that the occultists of the time used a stick to predict the future. That shows us that the practices occult are not new! Some explanations To decipher the future, and enter in touch with the supernatural, it is essential to go through an intermediary. It is a man or a woman, who serves as a bridge between the visible world and the unseen world. He’s the key person. We speak of clairvoyants, soothsayers, astrologers, mediums and wizards.
The other possibility to enter into contact with the occult is through ones own gifts. Some discover their gift by chance in wanting to help, relieve a loved one, still others, by an initiation. But the most frequent means of transmission is family inheritance.
occult practices are widespread today and include
• TCI (TransCommunication Instrumental – communication with the dead)
• Astral projection or travel
• Spiritism / turntables
• Mental suggestion
• Telepathy (transmission of thoughts)
• Astrology / horoscope
• Automatic writing
• Role playing
• Black / white / red magic
• Ouija boards
• Transcendental meditation
• Premonitory dreams / visionaries
• Fire cutters / hypnosis / magnetizers
And God’s thoughts on this ?
Basic English Bible : Deuteronomy 18 ( old testament)
10. Let there not be seen among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter go through the fire, or anyone using secret arts, or a maker of strange sounds, or a reader of signs, or any wonder-worker,
11. Or anyone using secret force on people, or putting questions to a spirit, or having secret knowledge, or going to the dead for directions.
12. For all who do such things are disgusting to the Lord; and because of these disgusting things the Lord your God is driving them out before you.
13. You are to be upright in heart before the Lord your God.
14. For these nations, whose land you are taking, give attention to readers of signs and to those using secret arts: but the Lord your God will not let you do so.
Explanation of Deuteronomy 18:10-14
1. “That we don’t find in your house person who passes his son or daughter by fire” (allusion to human sacrifice)
2. “Person who engages in divination” (astrology – reading in the lines of the hand, the crystal ball, etc.)
3. “Who draws omens” (cards – tarot cards, etc.)
4. “Who uses occult techniques or sorcery, (astral projection or “astral travel”, suggestion mental, astrology, use of horoscopes) who casts spells” (white, red or black magic)
5. “A person who consults those who invoke the spirits or predict the future” (consultation and occult practice are both forbidden)
6. “A person who questions the dead” (spiritualism)
7. They leave no doubt possible as to the position of God on this subject! Only Christ has the ability to take you out of the occult world What to do if you have been in contact with some form of occultism?
The answer lies in one word: “Jesus Christ”. Him only can release consequences direct from an open door to occultism: Jesus Christ saves. Jesus Christ forgives. Jesus Christ restores.
7. My little children, let no man take you out of the true way: he who does righteousness is upright, even as he is upright;
8. The sinner is a child of the Evil One; for the Evil One has been a sinner from the first. And the Son of God was seen on earth so that he might put an end to the works of the Evil One.
9. Anyone who is a child of God does no sin, because he still has God’s seed in him; he is not able to be a sinner, because God is his Father.
16. But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had given them orders to go.
17. And when they saw him they gave him worship: but some were in doubt.
18. And Jesus came to them and said, All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.
7. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him;
18. And that having the eyes of your heart full of light, you may have knowledge of what is the hope of his purpose, what is the wealth of the glory of his heritage in the saints,
19. And how unlimited is his power to us who have faith, as is seen in the working of the strength of his power,
20. By which he made Christ come back from the dead, and gave him a place at his right hand in heaven,
21. Far over all rule and authority and power and every name which is named, not only in the present order, but in that which is to come:
22. And he has put all things under his feet, and has made him to be head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the full measure of him in whom all things are made complete.
Ta Jeunesse: Magazine for young Christians. Ta Jeunesse is an edition of SBG (Biblical Society of Geneva) which is a non-profit association founded in 1917 whose primary goal is to make the Bible accessible to all at the lowest possible cost.
Bible References : Basic English Bible : Hosea 4 ( old testament)
8. The sin of my people is like food to them; and their desire is for their wrongdoing.
9. And the priest will be like the people; I will give them punishment for their evil ways, and the reward of their acts.
10. They will have food, but they will not be full; they will be false to me, but they will not be increased, because they no longer give thought to the Lord.
11. Loose ways and new wine take away wisdom.
12. My people get knowledge from their tree, and their rod gives them news; for a false spirit is the cause of their wandering, and they have been false to their God.
13. They make offerings on the tops of mountains, burning perfumes in high places, under trees of every sort, because their shade is good: and so your daughters are given up to loose ways and your brides are false to their husbands.